So, I sat down this afternoon to share with you the picture that I have been so anxious to share (and I still will). However, when I logged into my WordPress account, I realized that I’d been nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award.
We have Versatile Blogger Award rules to follow:
1. In a post on your, blog, nominate 15 fellow bloggers for The Versatile Blogger Award.
2. In the same post, thank the blogger who nominated you in a post with a link back to their blog.
3. In the same post, share seven completely random pieces of information about yourself.
4. In the same post, include this set of rules.
5. Inform each nominated blogger of their nomination by posting a comment on each of their blogs. (Or post to Twitter.)
I’m a little unsure what this exactly means BUT it’s always fun to be nominated for any kind of award…right? I’m not athletic and I wasn’t much involved in anything in High School – except FBLA. As I grew up and got married and started having babies, being awarded for anything other than “the worstest mommy I’ve ever had” award was never imagined. So I’m honored to think that I’ve “met” enough other wonderful bloggers out there who would even CONSIDER me for this award. I have been nominated by my new friend, Joy. The very first posting I read from her blog “My Universe is Still Coming Together” was “My Universe Came Together, While It Was Falling Apart” . See, I’m still so new at this blogging thing, I don’t even know how to change the font color for my links (maybe someone can fill me in). I related to how she felt with the death of her Grandma. My “harvest” Grandma meant the world to me and my universe fell apart when she died. I also relate to her desire to write and be a published writer. Thus began my newfound friendship with Joy. THANK YOU, JOY! for nominating me for this award!
Now, as part of the rules for the nomination, I’m supposed to nominate 15 more bloggers. So, here goes:
1. My daughter, Jenna’s blog – Yensyphotos
6. Lady of Ag
11. Simple Gifts
The final part of the rules is to give you seven random facts about me:
1. I procrastinate. I work better under the pressure of a deadline.
2. When I was a kid, I wanted to be an astronaut.
3. My two least enjoyed household chores are folding clothes and dusting. I think that’s because those were the two chores my mom hated…someone had to do them.
4. Some day I want to visit Alaska. Mostly because that’s a trip my grandma always wanted to take and never did.
5. New things scare me. As soon as they become familiar and I know what I’m doing – watch out!
6. Once I set my mind on doing something, it takes a lot to get me to quit. I’m very persistent.
7. The word IMPOSSIBLE does not fit in my vocabulary.
8. I know I’m only supposed to do seven but I wanted to throw #8 in because I wanted you to know (unless you’ve already got it figured out) that God is important to me. I constantly look and listen for Him each day. When you watch for Him, you can see how He fits each piece of your life puzzle together creating a beautiful picture! I hope the people I come in contact with can see Him through me.
And finally, the pictures I wanted to share with you (you know what this means)
And finally, Callie made a cake for me – complete with homemade fondant frosting – while I was gone Sunday afternoon watching Taylor’s UNO honor choir. What a kid!